Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No Spend Month

September and October were VERY expensive for us.

Between our maternity deposit, car repairs, house repairs, and October birthdays, we blew through a ton of cash.

AND, my car was broken into this week and purse stolen. Luckily, I didn't have much cash and no other valuables were taken. Then, the next day, our dishwasher stopped working.

Add that to that the fact that our couch AND recliner have also broken in the last three months, which we haven't even begun to think about replacing, and we're feeling a bit financially overwhelmed.

Sigh.

Guess I will need to sell some of the things we're getting rid of (rather than just giving away).

To get us back on track, I'm instituting a "no spend" month for November, except for necessities and groceries.

My only exception is for Christmas shopping. BUT, this year I'm going to pull out the cash we've budgeted, and NOT go over it!

2 comments:

  1. Man. When it rains it pours, huh? Hope November sees y'all back on track! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you remind me of the day all went wrong, aka
    http://nicepersonwrongplanet.blogspot.com/2008/11/one-of-those-days.html. When life gives you lemons... Anyway, I'm looking forward to read about your no spend month. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete